Evergreen shrub or small tree
Height & spread
12m x 12m (much smaller in pots)
Bee nectar plant
- Bay trees have many things going for them. Clip them into stylish cones or lollipops to frame a doorway.
- Use the aromatic leaves in stews and casseroles.
- They are particularly attractive in courtyard gardens and at the front of town houses.
- Pinch out the tips of shoots of young plants in spring and clip older plants to keep in shape in summer.
- Clusters of small yellowish flowers are borne in spring which attract bees if in a sunny position.