Herbaceous perennial (most cultivated species)
Height & spread
20-60cm x 45-60cm
Bee, bumblebee, butterfly nectar and moth caterpillar plant
- A member of the daisy family, fleabane has highly colourful flowers ranging from yellow and white through pink to purple, depending on species and cultivar. The usually flowering period is early to midsummer.
- They need good drainage and perhaps the best for paving and crevices is Erigeron karvinskanus which will self-sow.
- A good bee and bumblebee plant.
- Flowers visited by butterflies for nectar, including Small Tortoiseshell.
- Recorded in one garden as a Cabbage Moth food plant.