Height & spread
90cm x indefinite
Butterfly nectar, moth caterpillar, dragonfly and damselfly plant
- A native aquatic with aromatic foliage and whorls of lilac flowers in summer. Red stems appear above water. A vigorous grower.
- Butterfly nectar plant. Comma, Peacock, Red admiral, Small tortoiseshell nectar plant.
- Water Ermine and Large Ranunculus Moth food plant.
- Also supports the Green Tortoise Beetle.
- Emergent stems are good for dragonfly and damselfly larvae to emerge on.
- Cover for pondlife.