Height & spread
5-30cm x 20-60cm (depending on species)
Bee, bumblebee and butterfly nectar plant
- With much to recommend it, thymes are an essential plant for a gravel garden or paved area with planting pockets. Many have a creeping or mound-forming habit.
- Particularly suited to alkaline soils. Must have full sun.
- Use also as a culinary herb.
- Usually summer flowering with clusters of pink, purple or off-white flowers.
- An excellent bee and bumblebee plant.
- Very attractive to butterflies.